Spring 2024 Class Registration will OPEN February 1st at 8 am. Schedules will be posted in the week prior.
The following classes are currently scheduled. This information is subject to change. Check back later for additional classes.
Classes are consistent across the state but focus on the characteristics and plants of the region in which they are taught. Please register for classes located in the region in which you wish to landscape.
|1/20/24||Dallas, Ft. Worth area||Level 4 - Stewardship of Native Plant Communities|
|9/9||Highland Lakes||Level 2 - Landscape Design with Native Plants|
|9/23-24||Dallas||Level 1 - Introduction to Native Landscapes|
|9/23-24||Tarrant County||Level 1 - Introduction to Native Landscapes|
|9/30||Lindheimer||Level 3 - Installation and Maintenance of Native Landscapes|
|10/7||Houston Area||Level 3 - Installation and Maintenance of Native Landscapes|
|10/7||Denton/North Texas||Level 1 - Introduction to Native Landscapes|
|10/14||Boerne||Level 3 - Installation and Maintenance of Native Landscapes|
|10/14||San Antonio||Native Landscapes for Birds|
|10/18-19||Austin||Level 1 - Introduction to Native Landscapes|
|10/21||San Antonio||Level 2 - Landscape Design with Native Plants|
|11/4||Montgomery County/North Houston||Level 3 - Installation and Maintenance of Native Landscapes|
|11/4||Houston Area||Level 1 - Introduction to Native Landscapes -In Person|
|11/4||Houston Area||Level 1 - Introduction to Native Landscapes - Online|
|11/04-05||Dallas||Level 3 - Installation and Maintenance of Native Landscapes|
|11/04-05||Tarrant County||Level 3 - Installation and Maintenance of Native Landscapes|
- Classes are posted by February 1st (spring/summer) and August 1st (fall/winter) when registration OPENS on those dates.
- There will not be a registration button until registration OPENS. Until then, it will say, Registration is Closed.
- All on-line classes are via Zoom unless noted. Please install the Zoom app and make sure you know how to use it before the appointed meeting time. Classes are live on the scheduled date. Recordings are not available on-demand.
- Location refers to the approximate area for which the class has been customized. Plants discussed and other details may not be suitable for other areas.
- Check Class Description page for explanation of levels.
- Level 1 must be taken prior to 2 and 3 levels. Level 1 not required for Level 4. Levels 2, 3, 4 may be taken in any order.
- Native Landscapes for Birds is a companion class that may be taken by anyone. Level 1 is not a pre-requisite.
- Level 4 can be taken as a stand-alone class for those interested in conservation but not landscaping. While it is part of the Certification program, it can also be taken by anyone without having taken the Level 1 Prerequisite.
- Level 1 registration fee is $45.
- For all classes other than Level 1 the registration fee is $50 for Native Plant Society members or $65 for non-members. Become a member now.
- For more information or to complete a mail-in registration, contact Linda Foss at firstname.lastname@example.org or (830) 218-7211.